Many people have reacted to the national anthem’s protests. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development and former presidential candidate Ben Carson made a statement on the issue today. He followed up the comments from President Trump in Alabama.
Trump said during the rally that he’d “love to see one of these NFL owners when somebody disrespects our flag, to say “Get that son of a b–––– off the field right now. Out. He’s fired! He’s fired.” Here is his statement below.
Ben Carson said on his Facebook that NFL Sundays used to be fun to watch and that has all changed since the protests. He wrote:
Here we are at another NFL Sunday. That used to represent a time of fun, games and unity. I hope we can return to that situation soon.”
He then continued by saying that even though everyone has a right to express themselves… there is a “time and place for everything. Last week I saw a story about pre-adolescent players being drawn into the ‘take a knee’ protests. Does anyone honestly believe that encouraging even our youth to believe they are victims of our society will actually help us come together”
He didn’t let up: “We would encourage them and all Americans to utilize their influence to truly draw people together and not be manipulated into doing the opposite under the guise of unity.”
Share this if you agree with Ben Carson 100% and wish that the NFL would get back to playing games and not protesting!
Thanks for reading.
You Might also like
By Manly Man — 6 months ago
The Texan who engaged the church mass shooter is finally breaking his silence on his story about what happened on that fateful day.
The former NRA instructor, Stephen Willeford, heard that a man was shooting up the church and immediately grabbed his AR-15 and headed toward the scene.
“I kept hearing the shots, one after another, very rapid shots – just ‘pop pop pop pop’ and I knew every one of those shots represented someone, that it was aimed at someone, that they weren’t just random shots,” Willeford told 4029 News.
“He saw me and I saw him. I was standing behind a pickup truck for cover,” Willeford said. “I know I hit him. He got into his vehicle, and he fired another couple rounds through his side window. When the window dropped, I fired another round at him again.”
Willeford’s cousin, Ken Leonard, went on CNN to share his story.
“Stephen went into his safe, grabbed his AR…grabbed a handful of ammo and a magazine, and was running barefooted toward the shooting,” Leonard said. “[Stephen] said he was loading the magazine as fast as he could, he didn’t even know how many rounds he had put in the magazine.”
When Stephen arrived at the scene, he noticed Kelley was reloading and was wearing body armor. So he aimed for his side.
“That’s where he shot him the first time,” Leonard said. “The man dropped the weapon when he was shot and went and forced his way into an SUV and he pushed him into the passenger side.”
“As he was doing that, Stephen shot him again in the neck….and that’s when Stephen shot him a third time in the neck again,” he continued.
Let’s all give this man a round of applause and big AMEN by Sharing this like crazy!
By Manly Man — 7 months ago
Bill O’Reilly comes through and reveals everything behind the Federica Wilson’s accusations towards President Trump after Wilson decided to blame Trump for his “insensitivity” during the condolence call with the wife of the deceased soldier.
But as most on the left have continued to prove dishonest, it turns out that she completely took the conversation out of context.
“I’m a rock star now.” That’s how Federica Wilson, Florida Democrat, has reacted to her recent swindle after becoming tangled in a controversy over her account of President Donald Trump’s condolence phone call to a U.S. Army widow.
President Donald Trump recently had an interview with Newsmax and he revealed that her accusation was a huge hoax and she did it on purpose.
The Fake News is going crazy with wacky Congresswoman Wilson(D), who was SECRETLY on a very personal call, and gave a total lie on content!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 20, 2017
Reported by libertywriters:
Bill O’Reilly does not suffer fools. He may be a lot of things but dishonest is not one of them. And he knows Trump well – they go back years.
So if anyone would know the true story behind the Fredrica Wilson media puppet show it would be Bill.
And speaking to Newsmax, Bill blew the lid of the whole scam. For that is what it was all along – one big scam.
“The thing that disturbs me is Congresswoman Wilson,” O’Reilly started, “They were given a 24-hour day. The family of the fallen Army Sgt. [La David] Johnson, who was a Green Beret, was given 24-hour notice that President Trump would call.”
“They gave that information to Congresswoman Wilson, who is an anti-Trump hater and has been from the jump. She knew the call was coming in, she was in the car when President Trump reached the widow, Myeshia Johnson, 24 years old. Then, she goes out on CNN and says, ‘The president insulted Mrs. Johnson, made her cry. This looks to me to be a set up. It really does.”
Correct. It was a set up from the get go. Trump spoke about calling families and Fredrica decided to exploit what she knew was coming for political gain. To slander Trump to raise her stature with the Democrats.
To get the donations, to get the anti-Trump accolades, to get famous.
Well it worked but not the way she hoped. Sarah Huckabee Sanders came out swinging crushed her yesterday.
But the media wolves were not satisfied so General Kelly came out and told them all to cut it out and disgraced Wilson saying w e must leave some things sacred – like the call from a President to a grieving widow. And how dare she politicize it.
Speaking of Trump Bill said,
“I know he respects military people, so why on earth would a sitting president call a widow — just lost her husband in Niger — and insult her? It’s impossible. It’s inconceivable. They’re (the media) taking Ms. Wilson’s word for it. They’re not taking Gen. Kelly’s word for it, who says there wasn’t anything inappropriate. They’re taking Wilson’s. Why? Because they hate Trump. Everybody knows what the game is.”
Sad but true. Share this to all former corners of the globe so the truth about Fredrica Wilson and her media conspirators gets out.
By Manly Man — 8 months ago
Steve Straub reports yet another college in the United States is suffering a massive budget deficit caused by an “unexpected” decline in enrollment after allowing radical professors and students to engage in a series of disturbances.
This time the school in question is Oberlin College, a small private school in Ohio with 2,900 students and the average cost of tuition plus room and board is $69,372 per year.
The student newspaper, the Oberlin Review, reports the school is facing a $5 million shortfall for the 2017-2018 school year because of lower student enrollment and other losses of revenue (donations).
The chairman of Oberlin’s board of trustees, Chris Canavan, announced the financial woes in an email sent to professors and administrators this summer. The student newspaper obtained and published the full email late last week.
“As many of you already know, Oberlin’s primary source of revenue, student charges, will fall well short of our target because the incoming class is smaller than we expected and fewer students will return next year,” Canavan wrote. “There is no avoiding the financial impact of these shortfalls. Although we had already reduced budgets across the institution for next year, this shortfall in student charges will generate a deficit of about $5 million.”
Oberlin obtains more than 80 percent of its annual operating budget from tuition and other student charges.
Administrators at the private school had hoped to enroll 805 new students this fall. However, only 742 new students actually showed up on campus.
School officials had a cautious total enrollment target of 2,895 students for the fall 2017 semester but actual total enrollment is just 2,815 students currently.
The member of the board of trustees “hope(s) that this enrollment shock is a transitory one,” but they don’t know what the future holds.
Who could have ever predicted that letting radical professors, students and other left wing “protesters” run wild would have an impact on enrollment and revenue?
While this time Oberlin is feeling the impact of giving in to leftist demands, it’s just another symptom of the rot that is at the center of colleges and universities all across the United States of America.
Over the past 40 years the left has completely taken over the vast majority of colleges and universities and they are no longer training centers for young minds but, first and foremost, indoctrination centers for impressionable young people.
The mission of indoctrination in fact seems to be of a higher priority for many schools than imparting students with knowledge and skills they can use to be productive in private industry and government.
Until, and unless this changes, it behooves parents and students to be extraordinarily careful as to what college or university they choose to invest time, effort and money in.
Send your child or grandchild to a school that teaches the valuable skills so they can succeed in the marketplace.
It also behooves employers to be extra careful when hiring to be sure a prospective applicant is not from a school that prioritizes social justice over actual knowledge and useful skills.
After all no one wants to hire a special snowflake who melts at the slightest imaginary “offense,” can’t handle the pressures of the real world and needs a “safe space” to retreat to.
So until, and unless this all changes, expect to see more colleges and universities suffer “unexpected” declines in enrollment and revenue.
What do you think about this? Are you surprised Oberlin’s enrollment is falling or is this just the expected consequence of giving into and appeasing leftists?
Sound off in the comments below!